REAL Healthy version of a Snickers
- 16 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (around 10 oz.)
- 1 pack Real Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Blended in Vitamix to make cookie crumb powder for sprinkling)
- Jar of Natural Peanut Butter (Or no-stir natural peanut butter)
- Loose roasted peanuts for topping
- Flaked sea salt
- Slice open each date
- Use a teaspoon and fill each date with peanut butter and place on tray lined with parchment paper
- Place all peanut butter filled dates in refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Make a double boiler. Place 1 inch of water in a saucepan. Let boil. Place a metal or glass bowl on top of saucepan. Ensure that bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Place chocolate chips in bowl, turn heat to medium/low and continue to stir chocolate until fully melted.
- Dip each piece of “candy” into chocolate, move around with fork until fully covered with chocolate, remove with fork and set on parchment paper to set.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top of each chocolate covered candy piece.
- Place a peanut on top of each candy and flaked sea salt if you like a sweet/salty flavor.
- Let cool at room temperature or place in fridge for 30 minutes to set and cool.
- Store in airtight container in fridge. Good for several weeks!