No Bake Vegan Lemon bars with Lemon Blueberry Cookie Crust
For the Crust:
Use 12 REAL Lemon blueberry cookies. Press cookies into 8×8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure there are no areas of bottom of pan showing through.
For the vegan lemon cheesecake:
- Create Cookie Crust. Set Aside.
- In a Vitamix combine all of the filling ingredients and blend for about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or until completely firm before slicing and serving.
- When serving, you may want to thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- After cutting bars into desired shape (square or rectangle), slice very thin pieces of lemon to decorate the top of the bar. May also serve with fresh blueberries or a blueberry compote per below recipe.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Drop of fresh lemon juice
Place ½ cup of blueberries a side. Mix the other ½ cup of blueberries with maple syrup and lemon juice in medium sauce pan at low heat; Stir frequently until juices release approximately 6 minutes. Pour mixture over reserved blueberries fold together. Chill completely. Compote can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.