Chocolate Hazelnut Parfait – Pot de Creme
ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 Real Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chilled coconut cream (from a 5.4 can Organic Coconut Cream Native Forest brand, use the solid from the top of the can, plus ¼ cup liquid from the same can)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Four (4 oz) ramekins
Crumble half a cookie on bottom of each ramekin.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix consistently with a rubber spatula. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. As chocolate melts, add the coconut cream and coconut milk and mix with a whisk (or spatula) until smooth. Remove from the heat and add most of the hazelnuts and mix (reserve some for finishing the top).
Pour the mixture in ramekins over the chocolate chip cookie crumbles. Sprinkle some hazelnuts directly on top and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight. You can make up to 5 days ahead of time. Bring to room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top and sprinkle with a few toasted hazelnuts.