salted caramel candies the real way
- 16 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package of Chocolate Chips (about 10 oz)
- Flaked Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients into a Cuisinart or food processor
- Blend until all ingredients are integrated almost like a ball
- Wrap mixture in parchment paper and place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes
- Take out of refrigerator and place between 2 pieces of parchment and roll out until about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut into small rectangles (you can put the rectangles back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes if the mixture has become too soft).
- Create a double boiler. Place 1 inch of water in a saucepan. Let boil. Place metal or glass bowl on top of saucepan. Ensure that bottom of bowl does not touch water.
- Place chocolate chips in bowl, turn heat to medium/low and continue to stir chocolate until fully melted.
- Dip each piece of “caramel” candy into chocolate, move around with fork until fully covered with chocolate, remove with fork and set on parchment paper to set.
- Continue process until all candy is covered with chocolate.
- Sprinkle flaked sea salt on top of each candy. Let cool at room temperature or place in refrigerator. Good for several weeks!
share this recipe: