real banana pudding
- 8 x 8 baking vessel or individual dessert glasses
- 4 Packs of REAL Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (8 Cookies)
- 3-4 bananas
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons cashew butter
- 4 Tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of turmeric for yellow color
- Place a layer of REAL Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies on the bottom of the baking dish. If you like, you can add cookies along the sides of the dish as well.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas on top of the cookies.
- Add 1 mashed banana, coconut cream, almond milk, cashew butter, arrowroot, vanilla extract, maple syrup and turmeric to a saucepan. Mix together with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat whisking frequently.
- Once the pudding mixture has come to a boil, bring to low heat and whisk frequently for 1 -2 minutes. Remove from heat. The mixture should be thin and pudding-like.
- Pour pudding mixture over the cookies and bananas in the baking dish. If you like you can add additional layers of cookies, bananas and pudding mixture depending upon size of baking dish or container. Place in refrigerator covered overnight.
- After removing from refrigerator, add another layer of sliced bananas.
- Add a layer (or dollop if using dessert glasses) of whipped coconut cream (we like SO Delicious Coco Whip brand)
- Sprinkle with sliced bananas and cookie pieces
share this recipe: